Doctoral Research Award
The objective of this award is to encourage doctoral students to participate in SIGDSA events and to financially support the presentation of their research at the SIGDSA pre-ICIS Symposium. Up to two awards will be given.
The award entails:
- Recognition as a recipient of the SIGDSA Doctoral Research Award at the Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium
- Waived registration for the symposium
- Financial Award of 500 USD towards conference travel expenses
Eligibility: To be considered for the doctoral research award, a student must be:
- A doctoral student in IS or related field in good standing at his/her institution
- Sole or primary author of a paper accepted for presentation at the research track in the Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium
- Able to attend and present in person in a research session at thePre-ICIS SIGDSA symposium
- A student must submit a manuscript by the deadline stated in the call for papers for the pre-ICIS symposium research track call for papers.
- To be considered for the award, a student must designate ‘Pre-ICIS SIGDSA 2017 Research Track Submission: Submission for Doctoral Research Award’ in the subject line of their submission email.
- All papers will be subject to the general review process for the symposium research track.
- All papers submitted for award consideration will be reviewed by a special SIGDSA committee as designated by the symposium program chairs.
- Up to two high quality submissions will be selected for the award.
(Please see this link for more detail)